Saturday 11 August 2012

What This is About...

I've blogged before, several times in fact. Initially it was the ramblings of an angsty teen, the next was about a terrible time in my life which I don't want to talk about now. Blogging was a great release, being able to write what was going on in my head down and look back upon it later was very cathartic.

 It did have its downsides though, a lot of what gets written is in the heat of the moment and so therefore not very well thought out and this has gotten med in a lot of trouble in the past.

 But enough of that! With the tools it provides me I think it is more than apt that I start a new one, but before I get into the reasons why here's a short history lesson.

 I went to university in 2009, Newcastle University in fact and was glad to leave a lot of trouble and bad memories behind. I needed a break to think and get better and moving away couldn't have come sooner. I studied a science subject, I wanted eventually to become a doctor but that quickly changed.

As time went on I began to hate my course more and more. I nearly dropped out a few times, but money troubles and the thought of disappointing people kept me there until I graduated with a 2:2 this year. When I found out my grade I felt devastated, like I'd ruined my life and just wasted 3 years and a LOT of money on something that to me at the time wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

 Now I've had time to think about it its not bad at all. But I have learned a lesson and that is to not do something that I am not 100% sure or close enough I want to do. The first year went grate my grades were good, I was on target for a first and my health was the best it had ever been. My dislike for the course wasn't the only reason for my failure to maintain that great start,

I stopped exercising and I stopped keeping myself occupied which allowed me to slip into a hole of depression about things that had happened before I went to university. Once I was in that hole I just couldn't get out. Don't get me wrong I had an amazing time socially at university which is one of the reasons I can't count it as a massive waste of time, but physically and psychologically (In terms of motivation and being happy) it was terrible.

 So now i'm here, the next step in my life and future. Within a week i'll be enrolled on a course to become a qualified electrical engineer at a local college. Its not something I am dying to do but it provides me with opportunities in the future which I wouldn't have with a lot of other careers. If i'm going to do well I need to get my life in order, I need to improve my physical and mental health and so this is what that is. An exercise blog but with everyday life thrown in as well. If I feel crap i'll let you know if I feel great you'll hear it too.

 So there it is, its officially in writing now. Keep an eye out for future posts, the next one is going to be the plan of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment